Wednesday, November 17, 2010

My New Poetry Booklet

I'm a novelist who also writes non-fiction as well as some poetry. Well, some of my poems have won awards, for example third prize at East of Eden (2006) Writers Conference. Friends have requested that I publish some of them since they like my work so well they wanted to have a collection at their home.

It seem like a good idea, so I spent five days away from novel writing, putting together a little booklet of 18 of my favorite poems, including all my award winners: "I Wished," "TV Is Somethin'," etc. I wouldn't have gone through the trouble if I didn't think they were good, and I'm proud of this collection. The title of the collection is Fine Lines of Mine. It'll be something I can have available to sell wherever I read my poetry. ;^)

(If you think I'm happy you're right! -from a Dave Dudley song written by Carl Montgomery and Earl Green.)

In getting them together, I've found a word here and a line there to improve, and there are some never before seen in Writers Talk or anywhere else. When my novel writing begins to get to me, I can turn to poetry to pick up my spirits. Every day, I'm making progress, little by little, in my writing. I hope you have a good writing day, today, too.