Friday, June 12, 2009

Procrastination

It's my new swear word: "procrastination." Like my grandpa used to say "tarnation." One of those.

With my long anticipated trip to France coming tomorrow (yes, a week in Paris) and a plethora of other even more lame excuses, my writing time has suffered.


Upon return, I will have a daily reminder on my calendar for a month to write 2 hours per day before drinking coffee and having breakfast. (ALL the time will be dedicated to further polishing my novel, Sagebrush at Snow-Mountain Creek). If nothing else, it should help me lose weight by forcing me to skip breakfast. Ha!

I have posted on my calendar similar reminders to send query letters to agents and any follow up. Do others of you out there in blog-space have a fear of success like I do? Where does this procrastination spring from? Do you have similar tales or secret solutions? --rb

No comments: